***GOING OUT OF BUSINESS SALE*** ALL SALES FINAL!!
WE ARE PLANNING ON CLOSING OUT ALL INVENTORY THIS YEAR!
We will close once all inventory is gone, so If you don't see what you want on the website, we do not have it!!
Everything but chairs and parts have been marked down for quick sale!!
If you are interested in bulk quantities, please email us at: TMC
Raw pans are ready to be painted or powder coated!!
Thunderbird raw pan set and metal chair frame - for painting or powder coating.
Steps to prepare the raw pan sets:
1. Clean the oil from the pans. Using anything you might have on hand that will remove the oil. IE: Gasoline, Berryman B12, Brake Cleaner, etc. Or just Dawn and hot water.
2. Sand the pan set, removing any rust and preparing it for painting.
3. Wipe down the pan sets with Mineral spirits to remove any dust and oil from fingerprints. Make sure that you do not touch it prior to painting, if you do or see any dust particles, wipe it again. VERY IMPORTANT STEP!!
4. Prime and paint. Prime pan sets prior to painting to prevent rusting. Paint with any can of spray paint or automotive paint.
5. If you don't want to do all this, you can contact a powder coating company and let them powder coat the pan sets for you.
Sold exclusively though Sears, Roebuck and Company about 1955. Designed by the late Ed Warmack of Fort Smith, Arkansas this is one of only a very few designs that were private labeled and marketed exclusively through only one company. Not the most recognized of vintage metal lawn chairs it is surely one of the more original. The design of the back is complex but so very comfortable with a curved back forming shape which also includes lumbar support.
Torrans Manufacturing Co. LLC proudly reintroduces this Atomic Era classic which has not been seen for over 55 years! Made to the same heavy duty specifications as the original but now with stainless steel fasteners and modern day UV resistant high gloss powder coat! Matching double glider available.
Retro Metal Lawn Chairs - also referred to as Shellback Chairs, Bouncers, Clamshell, Tulip, 1950s style or Motel Chairs.
Our Stamped Steel chairs will bring back fond memories of Vintage Patio Furniture on your porch, by the pool, on your patio or in the yard under the shade of the trees.
Same great traditional value, styling and feel as the chairs your Grandmother had! Made from high quality modern materials with 60 years proven rugged construction. These timeless chairs are actually heavier than originals and hold more weight to last longer than similar lawn chairs made back in the 1950s! Start a tradition with your family this outdoor season.
* Extra strong frames made from 1 1/16" diameter 15 gauge steel
* Seat and Backs stamped from 20 gauge cold rolled sheet steel
* Weight rating 275 lbs
* Fully rolled inside edges
* Stainless steel fasteners
* UV resistant, high gloss powder coat
* Original size and dimensions
* Assembly tools provided - Assembly level/degree of difficulty: Easy
* Made of Steel