Everything on our website is 12% off - all sales are final-90 day warranty!
This is the chair design that created the term "Shell Back" due to its distinctive clam shell shape. Most likely designed by John Gordon Rideout around 1937, it is definitely one of the first traditional stamped steel lawn chairs with a shaped tube frame. The chair enjoyed much success well into the 1950s being sold and distributed all across America.
Today Torrans Manufacturing Co., LLC calls the design Parklane and is a continuation of the original with just a couple of our own improvements. We moved the attachment points of the frame to the shell back for increased roominess. Then we gave it an individual color pallet with matching side table and double glider! A wonderful classic styled chair from way back in the "Good Old Days".
A backyard tradition since 1947. Same classic design and generous dimensions as vintage originals, now with added strength. This timeless Double Glider is a faithful continuation of the same design your Grandmother had in her backyard! Perfect matching companion to the Bellaire Metal Lawn Chair or Bellaire Metal Single Glider!
* Extra strong frames made from 1 1/16" diameter 15 gauge steel
* Seat and Backs stamped from 20 gauge cold rolled sheet steel
* Weight rating 500 lbs
* Fully rolled inside edges
* Stainless steel fasteners
* UV resistant, high gloss powder coat
* Original size and dimensions
* Assembly tools provided - Assembly level/degree of difficulty: Easy
* Made of Steel