***GOING OUT OF BUSINESS SALE*** ALL SALES FINAL!! Updated 6/1/23
The only inventory we have left is the Raw pan sets and chairs, Book and T-shirts (for our wholesale customers) - Retail customers please go to RetroMetalChairs.com to place your order. Thank you!
***NOTE: We are only working in office on Monday and Thursday mornings!! Orders will only ship on these days. If you need to get in touch with us email us here: TMC since we are not in the office to answer phone calls***
We try to keep inventory updated. If you are able to put in your basket - then we have inventory in stock. Once items are sold out, we will take off website.
All we have left in inventory is Bellaire, Thunderbird and Riviera Metal Chairs with "raw" pan sets (this includes the white heavy duty frames and hardware to assemble). Instructions on how to paint them are listed on each page. You can also just purchase the "raw pan sets" without the frames. Also in inventory is the Book and T-Shirts.
NO COLOR CHAIRS IN ANY STYLE ARE AVAILABLE!! ***ALL SALES FINAL!!***
If you are interested in bulk quantities, please email us at: TMC
Includes hardware for assembly!! Pan sets ready to be painted or powder coated!!
***SPECIAL*** Pans sets are free when you purchase the frames!!
Raw pan set and metal chair frame - can be painted or powdercoated!! INCLUDES HARDWARE FOR ASSEMBLY!!
Required to purchase in multiples of 2 due to packaging. Priced individually.
Steps to prepare the raw pan sets:
1. Clean the oil from the pans. Using anything you might have on hand that will remove the oil. IE: Gasoline, Berryman B12, Brake Cleaner, etc. Or just Dawn and hot water.
2. Sand the pan set, removing any rust and preparing it for painting.
3. Wipe down the pan sets with Mineral spirits to remove any dust and oil from fingerprints. Make sure that you do not touch it prior to painting, if you do or see any dust particles, wipe it again. VERY IMPORTANT STEP!!
4. Prime and paint. Prime pan sets prior to painting to prevent rusting. Paint with any can of spray paint or automotive paint.
5. If you don't want to do all this, you can contact a powder coating company and let them powder coat the pan sets for you.
Originally designed about 1946 by the late Ed Warmack of Fort Smith, Arkansas. These Art Deco inspired stamped steel chairs were purchased by the tens of thousands during the booming years of the Post-War Atomic Era. Ed's colorful steel lawn furniture could be found on porches, in backyards, fronts of motels and around pools all across America. Their popularity extends today!
Ed sold his company in 1955. Production continued until 1970 when again the factory was traded. New owners, Flanders Industries which later became Lloyd Flanders maintained prolific production until 1996.
In 2001, Torrans Manufacturing Co., LLC began making its line of this traditional lawn furniture to the same specifications used by previous manufacturers. Heavy duty frames, stainless steel fasteners and high gloss UV resistant powder coat all add up to traditional value your grandparents would be proud of!
Same great traditional value, styling and feel as the rockers your Grandmother had! Made from high quality modern materials with 60 years proven rugged construction. These timeless rockers are actually heavier than originals and hold more weight to last longer than similar lawn chairs made back in the 1950s! Start a tradition with your family this outdoor season.
* Extra strong frames made from 1 1/16" diameter 20 gauge steel
* Seat and Backs stamped from 20 gauge cold rolled sheet steel
* Weight rating 325 lbs
* Fully rolled inside edges
* Stainless steel fasteners
* UV resistant, high gloss powder coat
* Original size and dimensions
* Assembly tools provided - Assembly level/degree of difficulty: Easy
* Made of Steel